Safe Use of Kanuka Oil
Learn more about the benefits and ways to safely use your Royal Oil Kanuka Oil.
Prior to using any essential oil for the first time topically, you should perform a skin patch test. When using essential oils topically you should use with a carrier oil, for example Coconut or Jojoba. A safe dilution ratio is typically 1 drop of your essential oil to 3 drops of your chosen carrier oil.
Babies and children will need their oil diluted further than outlined above, here is a quick reference to help you, based on Tisserand Institute’s recommendations.
- Please refrain from using any essential oil on a baby younger then 3 months unless guided by an expert in the field. 3m + old baby – 1-2 drops essential oil to 6 teaspoons carrier oil when being used for full body application. For spot usage you can use 6-9 drops of essential oil to 6 teaspoons carrier oil.
- 3m-24m infant – 2-4 drops essential oil to 6 teaspoons carrier oil when being used for full body application. For spot usage you can use 9 -27 drops of essential oil to 6 teaspoons carrier oil.
- 2yr-6yr Child – 9-18 drops essential oil to 6 teaspoons carrier oil when being used for full body application. For spot usage you can use 9 -45 drops essential oil to 6 teaspoons carrier oil.
- It is always better to start with a lower dose and work your way up as needed.
Beneficial Ways You Can Use Royal Oils Premium Kanuka Oil on the Skin
- Psoriasis/ Eczema/ Dermatitis
- Cold Sores
- Bites/ Stings
- Cuts/ Rashes
- Athlete’s Foot
- Fungal Nails
- Aches/ Pains and swelling
- Sport injuries/Sore and tired muscles
Other Effective Methods of Topical Application
- Add a few drops of oil to a warm bath
- Make a hot or cold compress by soaking a towel or cloth in water, add Kanuka oil, then apply to the desired area
- Add oil to a lotion or moisturiser and then apply to skin
Sensitive Areas to be Avoided:
- Skin around the eyes
- Eyes and inner ears
Smell can affect emotions, behaviour, and memory. For this reason, essential oils can be powerful when used in aromatic applications.
Diffusers that use cold air or water are ideal. However, using our Kanuka Oil aromatically does not require any special diffusing devices.
You can achieve the same benefits by simply placing a few drops of Kanuka Oil in the palm of your hand, bring to your nose and inhale. This is a fantastic way to clear congestion!
Additional aromatic uses For Essential Oil Include:
- Apply oil to a cotton ball and place in the air vents of your vehicle
- Add drops into a bowl of hot water, place a towel over head and inhale to clear congestion.
- Mix oils in a spray bottle with water and mist over furniture, carpet, pet bedding or linens
- Add oil to a batch of laundry or to dryer sheets
- Use as a household surface cleaner in a spray bottle with water
- Drop into smelly shoes to kill those odour causing bacteria.